How to use twitter for research
Twitter is increasingly being used by researchers:
- to promote their work
- to stay up to date with the work of others
- to stay abreast of opportunities e.g. funding calls
To use twitter for your research, create an account. If you already have a personal account, decide whether to use this or set up a separate one.
- royal colleges e.g. @RCPath @ilovepathology
- charities e.g. @pathsoc @PathSocUG @bdiaptrainees @ACP_Pathologist
- academics and research groups e.g. @LeedsPathology
Check twitter daily or every couple of days.
You don’t have to tweet. If you do:
- keep tweets short and snappy
- use a # that people interested in your area are likely to search for